Apollyon (Covenant #4)

Started: February 12, 2017
Finished: March 14, 2017

Language: English
Rating: 4/5 stars

“Whatever you do, don’t break my brother’s heart. You are his world. And if you leave it, it will destroy him.”

Actual rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars

The thing about this series is that every book gets better and better and better. I loved 80% of this book so much and enjoyed the other 20% a lot. There’s action, romance and a lot of sassy remarks that really does not make this the ideal book to read while on a train because you will start laughing all of a sudden and have people staring at you.

I feel like I’m still on a bit of a high from this book and can’t form a proper sentence about all the things I loved, so let me just explain to you guys why I didn’t give this 5 stars. And I am going to hide that behind a cut just in case.

First, the stuff in the Underworld felt waaaay too simple. It was made out to be a super-difficult thing and possibly either Alex or Aiden would not survive and then it just felt like a walk in the park. A bit disappointing.
Second, the fact that Ares was behind all of this was obvious quite early on once they started discussing which god or goddess that could be in charge. Might be because he was a baddie in Percy Jackson as well, or it might be because my sister once wrote a Greek Mythology piece for an English class and had me read it and Ares was the biggest warmonger of all time. So once the first clues showed up I just went “Yep, it’s Ares” and then I spent some time being annoyed at the characters not figuring it out as fast as I did.

And now I’m at that point where I want to read the next (and final) novel, but I’m also terrified that something terrible is going to happen to the Scooby Gang. Halp!


One thought on “Apollyon (Covenant #4)”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.